Accordion Categories allows you to show categories menu in a sidebar. Every instance of the widget can be configured according to your needs.
This widget helps visitors of your site to navigate through categories easily. Auto overflow style generation is supported.
The major features of Accordion Categories include:
- Display categories hierarchically.
- Show/hide empty categories (without any post).
- Show/hide a category post count (number of post associated with a category) including all children categories
- Show categories icons (using filter)
- Auto overflow padding, used for creating styles dynamically in order to prevent text overflow
You can find the plugin source code on github Accordion Categories
- Upload the entire
accordion-categoriesfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Accordion Categories Menuwidget in any registered sidebar
If you are interested of using category icons then refer to the FAQ section.
If you have found a bug, or the plugin doesnt work correctly, please feel free to contact me.
I will do my best to fix an issue.
If you need to have an icon associated with a category Id suggest you to add a custom category field.
I have provided an example of adding a custom category field. You can find it in the
Or you can use your own implementation. The plugin provides a specific filter for that purpose.
The name of the filter to hook