Analytics Insights is a WordPress plugin that enables site tracking using the latest Google Analytics tracking code. It allows you to view key Google Analytics stats in your WordPress Dashboard.
Google Analytics Reports, Stats and Insights
Analytics Insights displays the reports you need on your dashboard and on the sites frontend. Audience, acquisition, behavior, and real-time stats are all presented as charts within a dedicated dashboard widget.
In addition to a set of general Google Analytics stats, insights like in-depth Page reports and in-depth Post reports are available.
Google Analytics Tracking
The Google Analytics tracking code is fully customizable through options and hooks, allowing advanced data collection like custom dimensions and events.
The plugin installs the latest Google Analytics tracking code. No matter the tracking method you choose, they are all available and customizable: Universal Google Analytics (analytics.js) tracking code, Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code, and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) tracking.
Advanced features like events tracking and custom dimensions tracking can be enabled with a switch of a button, without the need of any programming skills.
Analytics Insights on Multisite
This plugin is fully compatible with multisite network installs. Allows using multiple Google Analytics accounts or using a single Google Analytics account for the entire network.
- Upload the full analytics-insights directory into your wp-content/plugins directory.
- In WordPress select Plugins from your sidebar menu and activate the Analytics Insights plugin.
- Open the plugin configuration page, which is located under Analytics Insights menu.
- Authorize the plugin to connect to Google Analytics using the Authorize Plugin button.
- Go back to the plugin configuration page, which is located under Analytics Insights menu to update/set your settings.
- Go to Analytics Insights -> Tracking Code to configure/enable/disable tracking.
No, once the plugin is authorized and a default domain is selected the Google Analytics tracking code is automatically inserted in all webpages.
You can submit pull requests, feature requests, and bug reports on our GitHub repository.
For documentation, tutorials, FAQ and videos check out: Analytics Insights documentation.