Better Share Links shortcode plugin:
- The better way of sharing important links is to share them with their screenshot.
- The plugin makes sharing links(URLs) more user friendly.
- The plugin require API key from page2images.com(Read step 7 of the installation instructions )
- The free account gives the user 3000 calls per month.
- The free account works only on http URL addresses.
- The author of this plugin is not associated in any way with the API provider.
- The shortcode will output a standard clickable link, until a screenshot is generated.
- Text button Share link within TinyMCE editor that outputs [better_share_link url=||||| ]
- More options coming to this plugin, as an admin page, in which the webmaster can include a custom CSS, enabling and disabling features, etc.
The current template of the shortcode is
- A title within H3 tag(the title is obtained via PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser).
- A subtitle within H6 tag containing the URL address itself
- The image of the screenshot
- All of the three parts are links.
The SEO optimized output of the shortcode contains
better_share_links.ziponto your local computer.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Plugins >> Add New.
- Click on the Upload option at the top and select the
better_share_links.zip fileyou just downloaded.
- Click on Install.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Click on the text button Share link inside the visual text editor(when editing or publishing page or post)
- Sign up for the free API of page2images.com and insert it on line 78 in the php file of this plugin
- The button will output [better_share_link url=||||||]
- Paste URL between any of the bars ||||||