Does one thing but does it right:
Ask the user for his consent about cookies and tracking.
- Display a popup on every page and ask the user for his consent about tracking
- Approve and Deny button: compliant with GDPR and CCPA
- Customisable texts and image on the popup
- Customisable style of the popup using CSS
- Available in 2 languages: English and French
- No branding, no ad on the admin panel. Just a new menu in the settings.
How it works ?
The plugin will add a new menu under your settings, where you can set up the various texts and images used by the popup.
Then, a popup will appear on every public pages, asking the user for his consent about cookies and tracking, presenting him with 2 choices:
- Approve: Set a cookie
cookie-consent=yesvalid for 6 months
- Deny: Set a cookie
cookie-consent=novalid for 6 months
Its then up to you, and your analytics solution, to check for the
cookie-consent value and handle it according to the users wishes.
How to customize the popup style ?
A default style is applied to the popup, with the strict minimum (the layout of the popup).
The popup will inherit the text style, button style and colors from your theme.
However, you can use CSS to customize the popup layout and style
(by enqueuing a stylesheet in your
functions.php file, add additional CSS in your themes options,
or whatever technique to add CSS to your page).
For reference, here is the popup HTML code. You can use the main container id (
to scope your CSS rules.
The source code is available on GitHub at github.com/doky-fr/can-i-use-cookies.
Feel free to contribute !