Cookie Notice provides a simple, customizable website banner that can be used to help your website comply with certain cookie consent requirements under the EU GDPR cookie law and CCPA regulations and includes seamless integration with Cookie Compliance to help your site comply with the latest updates to existing consent laws.
Cookie Compliance is a fully featured Consent Management Platform (CMP) that provides automated compliance features and enhanced design controls in a state-of-the-art web application. Cookie Compliance enables websites to take a proactive approach to data protection and consent laws. It is the first solution to offer Intentional Consent, a new consent framework that incorporates the latest guidelines from over 100+ countries, and emerging standards from leading international organizations like the IEEE and European Center for Digital Rights (noyb.eu). Cookie Compliance provides a beautiful, multi-level experience and includes new choices and controls for site visitors to better understand and engage in data privacy decisions.
Our Cookie Compliance web application introduces a more ethical, proactive way to capture and manage consent. This early version of the emerging Intentional Consent framework is a result of Hu-manity.cos ongoing work with top Fortune 500 companies, governments, and standards organizations, who believe that the imbalanced relationship between consumers and corporations is unsustainable when it comes to data privacy and consent online. We are making it available for all website owners and operators who share this belief and support our mission to eliminate the dark patterns in online consent.
Matt Sinderbrand Chief Platform Officer, Hu-manity.co
Cookie Notice (plugin only)
Cookie Notice provides a simple, customizable website banner to help your website comply with certain cookie consent requirements.
- Customizable notice message
- Consent on click, scroll or close
- Multiple cookie expiry options
- WPML and Polylang compatible
- SEO friendly
Cookie Compliance (plugin + web application)
Cookie Compliance gives you access to the most up-to-date formatting guidelines and technical compliance requirements for over 100 countries and legal jurisdictions.
- Intentional Consent provides 3 equal buttons to give site visitors the ability to accept none, some, or all cookies through packaged choices called Data Access Levels. Data Access Levels improve consent conversion and eliminate the dark pattern of deceptive, non-equal choices in the first layer. Complies with equal choice principle prescribed under GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Consent duration selector gives visitor control over how long their consent remains valid for your site. Enables your site to align with recent guidelines from EU Data Protection Authorities, which state that cookie consent should be valid for no longer than a period of 6 months.
- Cookie purpose categories make it easy for website visitors to customize their consent by category. Complies with affirmative, opt-in consent requirements prescribed under GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Consent metrics displays the visitors consent record and a list of blocked / allowed 3rd parties directly in the expanded level of the banner. Complies with latest guidance from EU Data Protection Authorities like CNIL (France) and ICO (UK).
- Customizable Privacy Paper provides helpful information to improve visitor comprehension and understanding of the data sharing risks and benefits. Allows you to summarize core components of your sites privacy notice and aligns with the informed principle prescribed by GDPR rules for valid consent capture.
- Configurable Privacy Contact allows you to provide contact information for a business data privacy admin, as well as helpful links to data subject request forms and other data privacy resources. Aligns with the informed principle prescribed by GDPR rules for valid consent capture.
Web Application features:
- Consent analytics dashboard shows event data for number of visits and provides a trust score to help you track how site visitors are setting their consent. Make adjustments to your banner to improve your cookie acceptance rate and monitor progress via the consent activity graph.
- Default configurations for GDPR, CCPA and more help to remove dark patterns and allow for quick and easy deployment of the consent banner without any guesswork. Customize the design of any default configuration to match the look and feel of your site.
- Automatic script blocking blocks all non-essential cookie scripts and iFrames by default and complies with valid consent rules under GDPR and other data protection laws; in order to be compliant, your site must record visitor consent before setting or sending cookies.
- Consent record storage automatically stores a record of each consent and makes these records available for export. Complies with proof-of-consent requirements prescribed under GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Multilingual support automatically translates all banner text strings and allows you to provide custom translations for every text field to ensure visitors get a consistent consent experience.
- Multidomain management allows you to manage additional Free or Professional domains under a single account and enables you to customize banner configuration and design for each domain independently.
Cookie Compliance proactive approach:
For all businesses, the resources required to stay ahead of the latest regulations increases with the passage of each new law. With enforcement of compliance violations increasing daily, we believe it is critical for us as a trusted consent vendor to do everything in our power to help you stay ahead of these laws and remove the risk to your business
Cookie Compliance covers all current and upcoming regulations:
- GDPR (EU)
- ePrivacy Directive (EU)
- ePrivacy Regulation (EU)
- PECR (UK)
- LGPD (Brazil)
- PIPEDA (Canada)
- PDPB (India)
- CCPA (California, US)
- VCDPA (Virginia, US)
- Colorado Privacy Act (US)
- CPRA (California, US)
Cookie Compliance incorporates all recent formatting guidance:
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- ICO (United Kingdom)
- CNIL (France)
- GPDP (Italy)
- BfDl (Germany)
- AEPD (Spain)
- European Center for Digital Rights (noyb.eu)
Cookie Compliance targets dark patterns
Dark Patterns are user interface (UI) techniques that push site visitors to make decisions (such as agreeing to the installation of cookies on their devices) that they might not otherwise make. The most common Dark Pattern is the lack of an equal reject all button on the first layer of the consent notice. Dark Patterns are explicitly banned under GDPR and other data protection laws.
As a part of our proactive approach, Cookie Compliance is configured by default to prevent Dark Patterns through our unique Intentional Consent design.
- Install Cookie Notice either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to the Cookie Notice settings and set your options.
- Click Add Compliance features button to start Cookie Compliance integration.
- Create Cookie Compliance account and select plan.
- Log in to Cookie Compliance web application anytime to customize the settings.
Yes! Cookie Notice is a free software.
Yes, but with limits. Cookie Compliance includes both free and paid plans to choose from depending on your needs and your website traffic.
No. The plugin-only version DOES NOT include technical compliance features such as automatic script blocking, consent purpose categories, or consent record storage. These features are only available through the Cookie Compliance integration.
Yes! The plugin + web appliaction version includes technical compliance features to meet requirements for over 100 countries and legal jurisdictions.