Maintains a list of LEGO Ideas (formerly CUUSOO) projects to display in a widget.
This plugin will allow the user to maintain and display a list of specific LEGO Ideas projects on their WordPress site,
by way of sidebar widgets. The templates used for displaying the widgets on your site can be easily customised, to
display as little or as much information as you want, and how you want it, without having to dig through cryptic code.
A dashboard widget that displays your list of projects is also provided, which highlights any change in the number of
each projects supporters. As with other dashboard widgets it can be turned off via the Screen Options menu.
I originally developed this plugin for SilentMode.tv to promote my own CUUSOO projects, but
though they were unsuccessful, the plugin can still be used to help others.
If you have any suggestions for improvements to this plugin, contact me through the form at
Data is fetched for a project as soon as its added, and then once a day thereafter.
As the LEGO Ideas site doesnt have an API, data is obtained via dreaded page scraping: this means that extra, unwanted
page views will be generated every time data is fetched for each project. Please be respectful of this when you use the
LEGO is a trademark of The LEGO Group. CUUSOO is a trademark of CUUSOO SYSTEM Co., Ltd. and Elephant Design Co. Ltd.
Neither of these companies has anything to do with this plugin.
- Extract and copy the cuusoo-list folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the CUUSOO List plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Add the LEGO Ideas projects you want to track via the Settings > CUUSOO List menu.
- Add one of the provided CUUSOO List widgets to a widget placeholder via the Appearance > Widgets menu.
CUUSOO List comes with three widgets:
- List: displays a list of selected projects; by default it will show all listed projects.
- Random: displays a randomly chosen project from the ones selected; by default it will choose from all listed projects.
- Single: displays a single chosen project.
The default template for all three widgets is widget-cuusoolist.php in the plugin folder, which displays the projects
in a very basic ordered list. This template can be overridden by creating a widget-cuusoolist.php template file in
your theme folder.
You can customise further by creating widget-cuusoolist-list.php, widget-cuusoolist-random.php and
widget-cuusoolist-single.php to target list, random and single widgets respectively.
If youd prefer to do your own coding, you can call CUUSOOList::get() to obtain the list of projects (indexed by their
project ID), and CUUSOOList::last_update() to obtain the date of the last project data fetch.