This plugin allows you to place a widget on your sidebar that displays the official Google+ badge. You can choose to show either the Standard or Small size badge, and you can show as many different badges on a page or post as you choose each with their own configuration.
You can also show a Google+ badge using template tags in your theme files or in a page or post using the simple shortcode (See FAQs for instructions).
NOTE: Google+ only allows this type of badge for a Google+ page and not a personal Google+ profile, so this plugin will only work for Google+ business pages.
- Upload the folder
google-plus-page-badgeand its contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or use the wordpress plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- A new Google+ Page Badge widget will be available under Appearance > Widgets, where you can add it to your sidebar and edit all settings of the plugin.
- To use the template tag or shortcodes, go to Settings > Google+ Page Badge to enter your Google+ Page ID (See FAQs for full instructions)
While editing the post or page that you want to add your Pins to, enter the shortcode [gpluspb]. Without any other parameters, the shortcode will default to display the Google+ Page ID that has been saved in the plugin settings page and the Standard badge size. You can add two optional parameters to the shortcode: id=Google+ Page ID and size=smallbadge. Heres an example:
[gpluspb id="100677423206997674566" size="smallbadge"]
The above example will link to the bkmacdaddy designs Google+ page and show the smaller badge size.
If you leave out any of the parameters they will revert to the defaults listed below.
Anywhere in your theme templates, you can display a Google+ badge by placing the following code where you want it to appear:
- id is the 21-digit string at the end of the Google+ Page URL (optional, default is the ID that is saved in the plugin settings page)
- size is the size of the badge to display, either badge or smallbadge (optional, default = badge)