Create a knowledge base that provides support even when youre not around .
A reliable knowledge base is the cornerstone of any knowledge management strategy. It improves customer service and provides better self-servicing docs, giving customers easy access to instant answers 24/7. As a result support cost is greatly reduced.
BasePress allows you to organise documentation for clients and employees. Build as many independent knowledge bases as you need to document your products or services out of the box.
It is straightforward to use, thanks to its clear and simple administration tools that integrates seamlessly in the WordPress admin area.
There are three themes to choose from with easy customization and colour branding, and for the coders, full customization via templates.
Check detailed BasePress Documentation.
What makes BasePress the right tool for your business?
- Ready to use in less than 5 minutes.
- A dedicated Wizard to guide you through the set-up procedure.
- Create as many independent knowledge bases as you need out of the box.
- Keeps your content organized in a logical way dividing it by product, service, department etc.
- Serves targeted answer to your customers, saving them time.
- Keeps the look of your website professional.
- BasePress creates an entry page for your customers where they can choose the knowledge base they want to consult. All the articles, searches and suggestions will be fully relevant to what they are looking for.
- Adapts to all devices. Your customers can consult it form any device including tablets and phones.
- SEO friendly.
- Professional support.
This is a Lite version of our Premium plugin that we wanted to share with the WordPress community.
It has all the features you need to create your fully functional knowledge base and nothing less.
- Build a single or multiple knowledge base
- A dedicated page for users to choose the knowledge base they want to consult
- Unlimited sections hierarchy
- List and boxed sections styles
- Image and description for each knowledge base
- Image, icon and description for each section
- Icon selector for each article
- Icons manager to easily change your icons and use any icon font of your choice
- Drag and drop reorder for knowledge bases and sections
- Search bar with live results
- Shortcode to add the search bar anywhere in your website
- Related articles widget
- Sections widget
- Knowledge bases widget
- Easy to use admin screens
- Translatable via .pot files
- Easy customization and colour branding
- Three themes included
- Use with or without Gutenberg
If you need some extra features for you and your customers consider upgrading to the Premium version and get access to these extra benefits:
- Advanced search bar results based on user votes and visits
- Articles voting
- Popular articles widget based on votes or visits
- Feedback on your KB articles so you can create better docs
- Google reCATCHA feature to control spam from the feedback form
- Automatic Table of Contents (TOC) in articles and/or widgets
- Drag and drop articles reorder
- Next and Previous articles navigation
- Advanced Content Restriction by user role
- Tags support
- Knowledge base Statistics
- Dashboard widget
- Multisite support
- Shortcode editor to add dynamic lists of articles outside the knowledge base
- Integration with WPML for Multilingual KB
- Integration with SearchWP via add-on for advanced searches
- Integration with Oxygen Visual Site Builder via add-on
See our knowledge base & live demo
WHAT CAN YOU USE BASEPRESS FOR
- Internal knowledgebase for employees on a intranet
- External documentation knowledgebase for customers
- Troubleshooting guides
- E-commerce websites
- Product manuals and wiki
- Documentation for schools and colleges
- Service or product documentation
- Wiki and much more
Want to unlock the advanced features? Upgrade to our Pro version
Support & Product Documentation
- For detailed plugin documentation visit our knowledge base
- If you have any more questions, visit our support on the Plugins Forum
- For more information about premium version, features etc. visit our website at codeSavory
Loved BasePress plugin? Please leave a plugin review on WordPress.
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Knowledge Base documentation & wiki plugin – BasePress
- Knowledge Base documentation & wiki plugin – BasePress
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in WordPress.
- Follow the Setup Wizard or the steps below
- Create a page and add the shortcode [basepress] to that page.
- Go to BasePress->Settings->General and select the page you just created on Knowledge Base page.
- Select Single Knowledge Base Mode if you just need a single knowledge base skipping the knoledge bases selection page.
- Start creating your first Knowledge Base and sections.
- Add your articles.
Yes. You just need to enable the Single Knowledge Base mode in the settings and it would work as a standard Knowledge Base.
You still need to create a Knowledge Base under Knowledge Base->Manage KBs before adding sections and articles.
Yes of course. There a few ways to do it depending on your needs:
- Simple modifications are possible via css on your theme stylesheet.
- You can customize the look by creating a child theme of one of the default themes that comes with the plugin.
- Build your own theme using HTML, CSS and functions made available by BasePress to easily access the knowledge base content.
A 404 page will appear if any of the following cases is true:
- You havent selected the main page containing the shortcode in the General settings.
- You havent created any Knowledge Base yet.
- You havent created any section yet.
- You havent selected any Knowledge Base or section for the articles.
- You have changed the slug of the page with the shortcode. In this case just go to WP Settings->Permalinks and just click Save Changes.
For the knowledge base to appear you needs at least a Knowledge Base a Section and an article ready.
Knowledge Bases or sections without any article are not displayed by default.
Yes. You can use the free version and build your knowledge base as long as you like. If you then decide to upgrade to get all Premium features you can do it directly from within the plugin.
All your content will remain intact. New features might not be anabled after upgrade. Just go to BasePress->Settings and activate the ones you need.
No. You get a fully functional plugin with no restrictions. You can create unlimited knowledge bases, sections and articles.
BasePress is fully translatable via .pot files which you can find inside the plugin folder under languages.
If you need a multilingual knowledge base than consider upgrading to our Premium version for WPML compatibility.
If you need help getting BasePress to work or you have found a bug, please open a support ticket from the plugins menu.
Customers of our Premium Version get full priority support for a year from the date of purchase.