Obituary Assistant is fully free to funeral homes in the United States and Canada that generate flower sales and we pay you a 15% commission on flower sales.
Obituary Assistant can also be used by pet cremation facilities, newspapers and international funeral homes. All users get 5 free obituaries to try out the plugin. After that, pet crematoriums, newspapers and international funeral homes are required to pay a fee to continue to use Obituary Assistant.
Obituary Assistant is trusted by over 200 funeral homes in the United States and Canada.
- Easy to use online obituary management system lets you add and edit your obituaries
- No need to login to WordPress to add obituaries, obituaries added immediately appear on your website
- Obituary Assistant fit seamlessly into the look and feel of your website
- Mobile optimized and mobile friendly
- Easy sharing of obituaries via Facebook, Twitter, email and text
- Modern and smooth interface to upload and manage photos and videos
- Fully optimized for search engines SEO built into each obituary means they will be found in Google
- Approve condolences manually or set condolences on auto-approve
- Choose to receive email and text notifications when condolences or photos are added by visitors
- Your visitors can also subscribe to receive notifications each time a new obituary is added on your website
- Supports multiple funeral home locations
- QR codes on obituaries can be used in printed materials at your services
- No desktop software to install, add the Obituary Assistant Plugin and access online from anywhere
- Built in search features lets you easily search obituaries
- Display obituary snippets on your homepage
- Daily backups of all your data means it wont be lost
- Fully free to funeral homes in the United States and Canada, we pay you a 15% commission on flower sales
- All other users get 5 free obituaries to test the system
- Pricing plans available for pet cremation facilities, newspapers and international funeral homes, please contact us for details
- We migrate your existing obituaries into Obituary Assistant if youre a funeral home in the United States and Canada generating flower sales
- Funeral homes can choose the local florist delivering flowers
- Stability and support you can rely on: our parent company has been in business for over 20 years, our plugin is more than 4 years old with many feature updates and releases
- Obituary Assistant lets your community stay connected to your funeral home, it raises customer awareness and builds your funeral homes brand name
- More on Obituary Assistant
Install plugin in WordPress Plugin manager.
Activate Obituary Assistant plugin in WordPress plugin manager.
Go to Obituary Assistant plugin settings page, either through WordPress plugins page, or directly through new Obituary Assistant menu item on the left side of your WordPress Admin dashboard.
Sign up for your Funeral Home Website Solutions account with the sign up form. You will receive a Florist One Affiliate ID and login from the sign up which is used to track flower sales at Florist One.
Specify which of your Webpage pages will be dedicated to running the plugin and displaying your obituaries. If you have not yet created one, you can do that now. We recommend calling the page obituaries. On this page, you need to put the shortcode [obituaries].
On the Obituary Assistant settings menu, under the Setup heading, choose the name of the page youll be using in the drop down and click Save Changes.
You will receive an email each time a flower sale is made or you can login to your Affiliate Control Panel at Florist One to track flower sales.
The Obituary Assistant plugin displays obituaries on your website. Obituaries are entered inside your FHW Login and not through your WordPpress login. When an obituary is entered, it automatically appears on your funeral home website. We made obituary entry separate from WordPress as WordPress can be confusing and intimidating for the average user.
Your obituaries will look exactly like your current website does. Obituary Assistant sits inside your WordPress theme and maintains the look of your website template.
Yes, colors are all customizable and that is done inside your FHW Login through your settings.
There is a separate login from your WordPress login. Go to your FHW Login and use the login information you were given during installation. Obituary Assistant is easy to use and intuitive but you will be emailed documentation on how to use Obituary Assistant when you sign up.
Obituary Assistant is fully free to any funeral home in the United States and Canada that generates flower sales. Obituary Assistant comes with a flower delivery module built in. When you sell flowers, you earn a 15% commission on flower sales. Flowers are delivered by the local florist of your choosing. When flowers are sold, FHW Solutions also profits from the flower sale which pays for Obituary Assistant.
If you are funeral home in the United States and Canada but do not want flower sales integrated into Obituary Assistant, a fee will then be required to use Obituary Assistant.
All users receive 5 free obituaries. Pet cremation facilities, newspapers and international funeral homes are required to pay a fee to use Obituary Assistant after the 5 free obituaries have been used. Please contact us for details.
We need a csv (or Excel) file with your current obituaries. We can then load your old obituaries into Obituary Assistant. Contact us and well import your existing obituaries into Obituary Assitant for free if youre a funeral home in the United States and Canada.