This easy-to-use plugin allows you to embed SquareOffs directly into your content without ever leaving WordPress.
SquareOffs microdebatesâ„¢ allow digital publishers of all sizes to engage readers, increase traffic, gain insight, and generate new revenue. They are more than just another poll. SquareOffs allow you to engage your readers in an interactive conversational debate where they not only choose a side, but can also explain why they made their choice. Readers love it because they can make their voice heard, invite others to join the conversation, vote up top reasons supporting their side, and easily access relevant comments within the innovative dual comment stream. Readers are kept on your site rather than social networks, allowing you to own the conversation.
SquareOffs placed in an article receive 41% more comments than standard commenting systems.
Readers spend an average of 13 seconds longer on article pages when interacting with a SquareOff.
Some of the features of the SquareOffs plugin include:
- Embed a small format SquareOff inline in your post or page.
- Embed a wide format SquareOff into your post or page as the content.
- Create a new SquareOff in either the WYSIWYG editor or from the navigation.
- Graphical representation of the shortcode in the Visual editor allows users to easily coordinate the layout of a post or page.
- Increase site traffic when voters share on social media, pulling new readers back to your site.
- Create simple, bite-sized content with which readers can easily engage.
- Easily link your SquareOffs account to the WordPress plugin during installation.
- Configure display settings, colors, font, social sharing, and more.
This plugin provides 1 block.
Its easy to install the SquareOffs WordPress plugin.
To install from the wp-admin panel:
- Login to your admin page at http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/.
- Navigate to Plugins in the left navigation.
- Click Add New.
- If you have already downloaded the SquareOffs plugin, click Upload Plugin.
- If you dont already have the .zip, you can search for SquareOffs.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install and activate the plugin.
To install manually:
- Download the SquareOffs plugin .zip file from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Unzip the file and upload to your web servers /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the SquareOffs plugin through your wp-admin Plugins section.
Connecting Your SquareOffs Account
If you already have a SquareOffs account, simply click on SquareOffs in the left navigation.
Enter your SquareOffs login information (email and password).
If you do not have a SquareOffs account, no problem. Just create your account in a few simple steps at: https://www.squareoffs.com/registration/new
Once youve signed into SquareOffs, head back to WordPress and enter your SquareOffs login information (email and password).
The SquareOffs WordPress Plugin is now ready for use. You can now access the following pages in the left navigation:
- SquareOffs view, edit, or delete your SquareOffs and check their statistics.
- Add New create new SquareOffs outside of the WYSIWYG editor.
- Comments view and moderate comments.
- Settings customize SquareOffs colors, fonts, etc. to match your site and manage comment moderation settings.
You will now be able to easily create SquareOffs in your posts with the Add SquareOff button above the WYSIWYG editor. Enjoy!
A SquareOff is a piece of content publishers use to engage their audience and allow their readers to share their opinions. Each SquareOff contains a question and two sides. Readers vote for their side, and then comment WHY they voted for that side.
SquareOffs is great for digital publishers. From boutique bloggers to high traffic news websites, SquareOffs works with any topic, on any website. SquareOffs is also great for brands and agencies to use as a tool in their toolkit to increase brand engagement and loyalty.
SquareOffs can be placed on any website, just like a Youtube video. This makes it a great tool to embed within article content, or as a standalone page thus, creating user generated content.
This depends on your website, and how your readers interact on your page. Small SquareOffs work great embedded in-line within articles or right on your homepage. Polls Pages are a great to create a new landing page on your site that had not previously existed.
SquareOffs is designed for digital publishers to create user-generated debate on any topic, on any website. From small bloggers to high traffic news sites, SquareOffs is a simple tool to increase engagement, revenue, traffic, and insight.
Other questions / comments? Reach out to: