Categories and Tags are tricky sometimes they take a bit of experimentation to get right, and when we change the way we want to do things and we end up with a mess to clean up. This is when Taxonomy Toolbox can help.
This plugin provides the following tools to help manage your taxonomies:
- Summarize current Taxonomies
- Convert Tags to Categories
- Convert Categories to Tags
- Delete empty Tags or Categories
- Identify and Merge Tags/Categories that exist for the same term
- Force a recount of objects associated for all taxonomies
- Delete any orphaned data
- Upload the
taxonomy-toolboxfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Select the options you require in the Settings Menu
No. There are other plugins that already do this well.
This plugin gives you summary data about your taxonomies and takes the more prudent approach that parent Categories will not be converted. Taxonomy Toolbox also allows you to merge duplicate terms into one taxonomy.
The plugins are similar in some respects, but you should use the one that best matches your requirements.