Tithely is an online giving solution for Churches. They offer giving through their app but also provide a Give button to be inserted into your website. This plugin makes it easy for you to insert your Tithely Give button into your WordPress Site using either a Sidebar Widget or a Shortcode.
Requires SSL Certificate
Whilst Tithely processes payments securely we recommend you only use the give button on a page that is protected with SSL encryption. Its pretty cheap to add and usually costs around $30-50 a year depending on the service. Talk to your hosting provider to find out more details.
- Change name Tithe.ly Giving Button (for better clarity)
- Remove TinyMCE popup as we dont really need it
- Add new amount and giving-to attributes
- Add classes to button to pick up styling from Divi, Beaver Builder and Elementor
- Add new fields to widget
- Update ReadMe with new details
- Move script to header so the button fires when clicked.
- Include Usage instructions in the Options page
- Update the shortcode to allow definition of Church ID.
- First Major Release.
- Upload the wp-tithely folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Sign up for your churchs Tithely account at https://tithe.ly/ and note your Church ID
- Enter your Church ID and some default text for your give button in the settings (Settings > Tithely Options)
Once you register an account and a church with Tithely you will be able to find your Church ID on the Website Giving page. At the bottom there is a little snippet which looks like this
The four digit code (replacing the xxxx) is your Church ID
There are two ways you can insert your button.
Insert the WP Tithely Widget into one of your sidebars. You can insert your Church ID and the text you would like the button to display, along with additional options for specifying a giving reason or amount.
You can insert the button into your page content using the shortcode [tithely]. It will use the default Church ID and Button Text defined in the plugin settings, unless you include the additional attributes outlined below: [tithely button=Donate Now id=12345? amount=100? styling_class=button give-to=Building Fund]
The text that will appear on the button
Your Tithe.ly Church ID
Optionally include a CSS class (or classes) for styling
Optionally set a specific amount for the button
Optionally set a specific purpose the money will be given to
Whilst Tithely processes payments securely we recommend you only use the give button on a page that is protected with SSL encryption. Its pretty cheap to add and usually costs around $30-50 a year depending on the service. Talk to your hosting provider to find out more details about installing an SSL certificate.