It has been a while since we are helping to translate websites in multiple languages and we appreciate your confidence in the plugin for that. Unfortunatelly, we dont have capacity for maintining the plugin and providing support. We are not offering support any more, this plugin is outdated and it might not work in your website.
Due to the plugin could not work in current and future WordPress versions and new bugs found could not be solved, we encourage users to test and make changes to use another translation plugin.
Finally, our apologizes by any problem we could cause with this decision.
User Language Switch is a WordPress multilingual plugin that you can use to build multilingual websites. It displays flags to visitors that your users can use to browse your website in different languages. If you prefer, you can deactivate flags and user shortcodes and functions to create your own language switch.
Admin users can set default language for your website and registered users can set language they want to see your website by default. User Language Switch allows to set language for back-end and front-end independently.
When content is linked, a language prefix is added in URLs of content in secondary languages. The plugin always redirect to URLs with language prefix for content in secondary language, in this way there are no different URLs pointing to the same content and hurting your SEO. This plugin is compatible with SEO plugins like Yoast SEO.
It requires you install different languages in your website and provide translation of your content, it doesnt translate content automatically. User Language Switch requires nice permalinks and URL rewriting enabled.
User Language Switch was created by Webilop team and it is free. If you need help, you can use the plugin support forum or dont hesitate to contact us. We also offer services about WordPress development and customization.
- Linking translations of pages in multiple languages
- Linking translations of blog posts in multiple languages
- Linking translations of custom post types in multiple languages
- Automatic detection of visitors browser language
- Language flags that allow visitors to change website language easily
- Registered users are able to select the default language for the website
- Automatic translation of menus and creation of menus for each language
- Creation of sidebars for each language
- Automatic filter of blog posts with different language to the website language
- Option to select a language for back-end and another one for front-end
- Search of pages and blog posts taking into account website language
We have dreams for User Language Switch and we would like you be part of them, please tell us which features you like most for the plugin:
- Allow me edit multiple translations in same place: At the moment, you need to edit pages independently for each translation, what if you can edit the content of all these pages in the same place? I like it!
- Put me in contact with human translators: We want to create a page available for admin users where they can contact human translators and send pages and content to be translated(translators will not translate for free). I like it!
- Reports of content translated: Allow admin and editor users to see reports about how much content has been translated and how much is missing. I like it!
- English (default)
- Persian thanks to Khalil Delavaran
- Serbo-Croatian thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic from Web Hosting Hub
- French thanks to Jaillet, Christophe
If you want to translate this plugin to your language, please use file user-language-switch.pot and to create MO and PO files. You can use an editor like Poedit to do the job easily.
Check User Language Switch in our website to get more details about installation and configuration:
This section describes how to install the wordpress translation plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
user-language-switchfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Once you have activated the plugin, select the option User language in Settings menu, select available and default languages for your website.
- Go to your posts, pages and custom post types and select the language and their translations.
User Language Switch is a WordPress translation plugin that allows admin users to set the default language for the website and also include translations of pages, posts, custom post types, menus and sidebars. Visitors and users registered can see the website using any of its translations available.
Probably you dont have any other language installed in your WordPress installation nor in your theme. Take a look to the instructions to install other languages to your WordPress website.
Go to the post or page edition page, scroll to the top of the page and click on tab Screen Options, then check the option Language.
When you are creating or editing a post, page or custom post page, you can assign as translations posts, pages and custom post types that are already published and that have a language assigned.
First check if your translation have been linked to your post, page or custom post in the edition page. If there is no translation available, then the content of the default language is displayed though other sections of the page could appear in the correct language.
By default the plugin filter posts in languages different to the language you are looking in the website. You can deactivate this feature in the settings page of the plugin. If a post doesnt have a language assigned, then the plugin considers the post in the default language the website.
The plugin doesnt translate content automatically, we recommend professional translations for websites instead automatic translations provided by online tools. Webilop team can help you to find professional translators for your website.
You can submit your pull requests to the code of the plugin through the repository of User Language Switch in Github. Additionally you can contact us at contact[at]webilop.com