Twitter is everywhere. So why not in your WordPress Dashboard? WordPress Dashboard Tweeter is a Dashboard Widget that displays Twitter @replies, sent direct messages, Retweets, Friends Timeline and favorites the convenient way within your WordPress Dashboard. WordPress Dashboard Tweeter turns your Dashboard into a Twitter client.
The Dashboard widget lets you update your status, follow your mentions and retweets, your friends timeline and your favorites in a simple tab interface. All in a single widget. No seperate admin page needed. All the Twitter stuff you need right where you need it.
Looking for more WordPress plugins? Visit www.schloebe.de/portfolio/
Note: The plugin requires at least WordPress 2.7 and PHP 5 in order to run. The openSSL module is mandatory, too.
At a glance:
- Twitter OAuth authentication
- Adds a Twitter Client to your WordPress Dashboard only
- Display Mentions, Retweets, Timeline and Favorites in a tabbed interface
- Reply to a Twitter status from within the Dashboard Widget
- No dedicated page in your WordPress admin panel
- All customization can be done through the widgets configuration
- No impact on your blogs frontend or other backend pages
- Whenever you check your incoming links or WordPress News in the Dashboard, you can check your Twitter status as well
- German (de_DE) (Thanks to Robert Pfotenhauer ;-))
- Italian (it_IT) (Thanks for contributing italian language goes to Gianni Diurno)
- Danish (da_DK) (Thanks for contributing danish language goes to Georg S. Adamsen)
- French (fr_FR) (Thanks for contributing french language goes to Didier)
- Dutch (nl_NL) (Thanks for contributing dutch language goes to Rene)
- Turkish (tr_TR) (Thanks for contributing turkish language goes to mer Faruk Karabulut)
- Swedish (sk_SK) (Thanks for contributing swedish language goes to Branco Radenovich)
- Spanish (es_ES) (Thanks for contributing spanish translation goes to Ibidem Group)
This plugins is released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog.
- Thanks to Abraham Williams for the great Twitter library
- Thanks to all the beta testers
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder wp-dashboard-twitter/ to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plug
in from your WordPress admin panel.
- Installation finished.
If you have suggestions please let us know by dropping us a line via e-mail or the wp.org forums.