This plugin can be used as a discrete but efficient tool for websites which have to make sure that copyright information for images is mandatory.
How it works: It simply blurs all uploaded images. The original only gets restored when the copyright info is set.
The text field for the copyright info is provided as a form field in the attachment details view.
A simple but elegant solution to enforce copyright discipline among authors and editors.
This plugin is compatible with the plugin Enhanced Media Library (tested with version 2.4.5).
We recommend your host supports:
- PHP version 5.6 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- WP Memory limit of 64 MB or greater (128 MB or higher is preferred)
- Installed gd library for image processing.
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer, or Extract the zip file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Copyright texts are saved as postmeta fields with meta key copyright.
Use the attachment_id, the meta key copyright and the core function get_postmeta to retrieve the copyright text of an image.